MEK-Profile & MEK-Base for Windows XP™ & Windows Vista™
Thank you very much for having and using MEK-Profile or MEK-Base. We hope you' ll enjoy it.
This software is a SMBRP (Small-to-Medium Business Resource Planning) product; easy-to-use, yet powerful-to-utilize for any kind of database applications such as sales activities, documents management, CRM, ERP, HR purposes, personnel or student records, etc. Any small/medium scaled company/institution may utilizes this software to manage daily works/business activities on the employees' workstations on local area network.
Program has the following sections & utilities;
· Wall : This section of the program handles the schedules, events, tasks, to-do-list and Network-Mails independently, or dependently to the databases of the program. Network-Mails are short messages (max. 1024 chars and may contain an attachment) to be created and sent to the recipients those are the users of the current profile.
· Profile : The section of the program which handles the databases consist of up to 8 tables and up to 5 queries. Any kinds of database can be defined in accordance with the nature of business. From archiving purpose of the documents to daily real time business activities can be handled easily. The variety of data types can be used in the databases of the program.
· Preferences : Setting of the program defaults, either shared or local default values. All Firm Information (including firm Logo) can be defined and entered, so that they will be printed later on. Shared Defaults (Date-Format, Local-Currency, Printing-Font, Currency-Closing File) and Local Defaults (Window-State at startup, Sort-Direction, Auto-Checking of server, Preferred-Profile, Wall-Preference) can be selected for user' s convenience.
o To define Local-Currency use following format as 'XXX /9' which 'XXX' stands for Local-Currency (exp. USD, GBP, EUR, YEN, etc.) and '/9' stands for decimal points of the currency (exp. '/0, /2, etc). For example, if the program is used in U.S.A. local currency should be defined as 'USD /2'.
o For the Currency-Closings File, kind of closings-file in *.Csv or *.Xla format, may be downloaded , and currencies of Profile-Value/Currency-List can be updated automatically.
· System : This section defines Shared-Data Directory, Local-Data Directory, Offline Working Directory, Accounts Run On Directory (On Shared-Data Directory or on Local-Data Directory) and the Users-Privileges (Access-Rights) for Users. Access-Rights are 'NONE, READ, WRITE, ENTRY, FULL' for users those should have specific authority for the program sections. Please note that, user should enter 'Admin-Password' (*) in order to access Users-Section. (* Admin-Password is supplied with the program CD)
· Accounts : Creating and following up a basic accounting-system (optional).
o Categories : Utility for creating Categories for defining transactions into specific Category.
o Portfolio Manager (Balance-Sheet) : Utility for handling Portfolio-Value due to specific date using accounts and Stock-Portfolios (optional).
o Stock-Trading Manager : Utility for handling stock transactions (optional).
o Accounts-Transfer : Utility for transferring current Accounts to the next year.
· Invoice : Designing and creating invoices using accounts created by 'Accounts-Utility' of the software (optional).
· Web-Browser : This section of the program is a simple and limited Web-Browser, you can surf in the Internet. The basic functions of a web browser (Home-Page, Next-Page, Previous-Page, Goto-Page, Reload, Stop, Bookmarks...) exist, so that you can reach any web-site without having launched any other Internet browsing software.
· E-Mail (SMTP) Client : E-Mail sending section of the program. Send-Mail utility has almost all features of an e-mail sending operation using multiple SMTP Servers option, Address Book utility having Mailing List feature, etc. There are direct E-Mail outputs from Scheduler section, Text-Editor utility, or any TextNote data item of the tables or queries.
· Text-Editor : A basic Text-Editor for *.Txt files with the basic features as creating new file, editing an existing file, saving file, printing file and sending document as an E-Mail.
· Data-Maintenance : Utility for backing up/restoring of the program data.
· Data-Export : Utility for exporting selected table-data as Excel™ 'semi column delimited' file ( *.Csv). All or only desired fields can be selected for exporting operation. Exporting selections and file name can be saved as 'template file' for further exporting purposes.
· Profile-Transfer : Utility for transferring current Profile to the next year.
The Wall and the Database section of MekProfile is a multi user software, therefore it may be used by many workstations at small to medium scaled businesses as well. In order to use program, all users must have an Username and a Password. Users may have different Access-Levels (as FULL, WRITE, ENTRY, READ, NONE) to access to specified tables and queries of database in use.
Program has been developed by Ender Koroglu for MEKSOFT.NET 2007 - 2010
(Windows XP™ , Windows Vista™ and Excel™ are registered trade marks of Microsoft Corporation, USA.)